The Importance of Video Advertising in Your Marketing Strategy
Video is a widely spread type of content on the internet and this is only set to increase in the coming years. The Cisco Annual Internet Report estimates that online videos will account for 82% of all internet traffic by 2022. Videos are important also in the purchase journey of your customer, indeed 50.9% of B2B decision-makers use YouTube to research future purchases. A whopping 70% of viewers bought from a brand after seeing it on YouTube.
Video is also preferred above the others type of content, as a report from Wyzowl mentions that 68% of users prefer to watch video than reading articles, infographics, ebooks, and presentations.
Why use video advertising?
Whether you are a well-known brand or not doesn’t really matter. Video advertising is a very powerful tool to help push your product/service. 2020 statistics say that video ads were the #1 way consumers discovered a brand that they later purchased from. In addition, HubSpot estimates that 71% of people watch more videos than they did a year ago. If you use video ads, you are going to scale both your number of viewers and your click-through rate.
How to set up a video ads campaign
The main tool to set up a video ads campaign is naturally Google ads. The first step is to choose the type of campaign:
- Non-skippable in-stream: Your video ads will last for 15 seconds and it will not be skippable by viewers;
- Outstream: Using this type you will be able to reach people on their tablets and phones;
- Drive conversions: This type is designed to those who target specifically for conversions;
- Ad sequence: Using this kind of campaign, you will be able to create your own video story by showing customised ads sequence;
- Shopping: This is used by those who promote a particular product and want viewers to land on their product page – often this is an e-commerce product page.
Based on the type of campaign that you have chosen, you will have different fields to set up. Some of the fields are common to each of these campaigns and are the following:
- Bid strategy: Here you can tell the system which is your purpose and based on this the system will bid on the keywords you choose.
- The budget and the starting and finish date of the campaign;
- The locations – meaning where your ads will be shown;
- The languages of the channels where your ads will be shown;
- The demographics and personal features of your target audience.
Create compelling video content with us.